Designed for production deployment, and it’s better than real time: Know if a Citrix end user is going to have a problem – before they do.
The Complete Early Warning System for Citrix End User Logon Initiation or Duration Issues.
- Launch Citrix in advance of users arriving at work to anticipate and prevent logon issues
- Send alerts if applications fail or are slow for immediate troubleshooting
- Use failure point analysis to identify root cause of Citrix failure or slowness
- Isolate Citrix logon issues in real time as individual, site, geographic or global
- Provide historical reports to justify permanent fix action and validate SLAs
- Centralize the management and aggregation of end user logon performance data
- Support thousands of application launches from hundreds of sites simultaneously
Video: See How our Production-Ready Logon Simulator for Citrix Works:
This production-ready logon simulator for Citrix takes the exact same steps a user does when they logon:
This ensures everything works together in concert, including the NetScaler, Storefront, Delivery Controller, VDI, and XenApp Server. In essence, Goliath combines an insurance policy and an early warning system that ultimately prevents end user logon issues.
The Goliath Logon Simulator enables a Citrix administrator to simulate the logon process locally, remotely, or in the cloud, generate failure and application/desktop availability alerts, identify the root cause of issues encountered, and troubleshoot and resolve these issues prior to end users being impacted. Much more than a point-in-time testing utility or traditional load testing tool, the Goliath Logon Simulator is a must-have proactive performance management tool for Citrix administrators that can be integrated into the ongoing IT Operations toolset.
When Citrix logon issues occur, they are usually a result of problems in one or more of these three areas:
- Remote location connection
- Application and/or desktop availability
- The Citrix delivery infrastructure including NetScaler, Web Interface/StoreFront, Delivery Controllers, Active Directory, the licensing server, and SQL
The Goliath Logon Simulator facilitates continuous and real-time testing of the Citrix delivery infrastructure, including the NetScaler, by simulating the exact same steps a user would take during the logon process. By launching real sessions with simulated end users the Goliath Logon Simulator provides visibility into all applications and desktops being launched and whether they are succeeding, failing, or slow. This allows the Goliath Logon Simulator to alert the Citrix administrator to a problem the moment it occurs, triggered by the simulated user, not the end user.
If there is a logon failure an administrator will be alerted immediately and be able to pinpoint where the failure occurred and the root cause. In cases where the logon is simply slow, the administrator can see the breakdown of the logon into each of the stages—including group policy, script, and profile loading—in real-time to determine where in the process the slowness occurred.
Proactive, Integrated, and Comprehensive
The Logon Simulator is designed to be a 24/7 logon simulation and application testing tool. The low resource impact of the logon simulator allows the technology to be operating at all times as a simulated user or group of users. So, at all times, day or night, the logon simulator will alert the Citrix administrator to end user logon failures or slowness.
Integrated with Performance Monitoring
Goliath Logon Simulator is the only product on the market today that enables a Citrix system administrator to simulate the logon process locally and remotely, generate alerts, identify root cause of issues encountered, troubleshoot and resolve these issues prior to end users being impacted as an integrated part of the ongoing IT Operations toolset rather than a point-in-time testing utility. This is critical because logon and application testing simulations that are integrated into the Performance Monitoring tool set is what offers the ability to not only be alerted to failures or slowness, but determine root cause, resolve, and ultimately prevent issues from happening in the future.
Comprehensive Testing of the Delivery Infrastructure
There are solutions that simulate logons and test applications and many others that monitor key components of the Citrix delivery infrastructure, but these are done separately, which causes most performance issues to go undetected until a user attempts to launch an application. The reason? They are not comprehensive.
Delivering a good end user logon experience requires multiple elements in the IT infrastructure to work in concert. So, the remote connection, the applications and desktop, and individual elements in the application launch process may look fine when monitored or tested separately, but it is the act of executing the integrated launch process by multiple users, including remote access, application, and desktop availability and the Citrix delivery infrastructure that uncovers logon failures, performance issues, and application or desktop access issues.
Comprehensive means logon testing and load testing of the entire Citrix Delivery Infrastructure.
User Story: NorthBay system admins have to manage some unique challenges…
User Story: The Citrix Team often received complaints related to Citrix XenApp…
- Simulate the Exact Same Process a Real User Goes Through to Logon
- Real-time Local or Remote Simulations
- Test the Entire Citrix Delivery Infrastructure, Including the NetScaler
- View Real-time Logon Dashboards by User
- Receive Real-time Alerts on Failures, Thresholds, Slowness
- Conduct Root Cause Analysis
- Failure Point Analysis
- Logon Duration Analysis
- Drilldown into ICA/HDX Latency
- Trend and Report Logon and Session Performance
- Produce End User Experience Reports
Architecture & Interoperability
View Screenshots of the Goliath Logon Simulator for Citrix